As the academic year draws to a close, we would like to remind faculty to archive any academic course materials that they anticipate needing in the future and delete or securely store any materials of a sensitive nature.
- LITS commits to retaining academic Moodle courses on the server for at least two years, but Moodle was not designed for long-term file storage (see Moodle Policies). If teach a course infrequently, please make a backup of it and save it outside of Moodle.
- If you re-use documents across multiple courses, consider keeping archival copies in a folder on your computer, a network drive or OneDrive, or using a bibliographic tool such as Zotero. (Please save accessible versions if you have them!)
- If you have created questions for Moodle Quizzes or Lessons, consider organizing your Moodle Question bank for easier reuse and exporting a copy as a backup.
- Video recordings:
- Please delete recordings of class meetings that you no longer need, especially if they contain audio or video of students or discussions of a sensitive nature.
- Zoom cloud storage space is relatively limited. If you need to keep Zoom recordings long-term, move them to your hard drive, Panopto, or OneDrive for long-term storage.
- Panopto videos won't be included in a Moodle course back-up, but they will remain on Panopto. If you plan to reuse any of them, consider moving them from course folders to your personal folder (My Folder) and re-organizing them into subfolders for better retrieval. Keywords that you add to descriptions of videos and subfolders in Panopto are searchable.